With the New Year’s upon us, global citizens are beginning to think about their goals and what they want to accomplish in 2022. Many people focus on their finances, while others may be thinking about their health and relationships. Yet there is still one relationship that many people have forgotten: our relationship with Earth.
In May of 2006, the film “An Inconvenient Truth” was released and for the first time in a long time, our environmental needs and causes was on everyone’s mind. But since then, it seems as though many of our sustainability challenges have been forgotten or swept under the rug.
Now more than ever, our planet needs us to step up and take action towards cleaning up many of the messes we have made through irresponsibility. Whether it be from oil spills, air pollution, plastics, or toxic chemicals leaking into our water, there is still a lot that must be done to bring our ecosystem back into balance.
Unfortunately, because so many people are living in survival mode, the importance of our environment has taken a back seat while most focus on their food and shelter needs. It’s unfortunate that only a film that reflects the severity of our problem through fear of annihilation is what brings the importance of our environment to the forefront of our communities psyche.
So we decided to compile a list of 15 inspirational quotes about the environment that will hopefully spark people’s desires to want to take more action and make their voices heard in 2021 to bring this cause back to the forefront of what is important right now.
Want more inspirational environmental quotes? On Quote Catalog there’s an amazing list of inspirational quotes.
- We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment. – Margaret Mead
- Environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect. – Mohith Agadi
- We don’t have to sacrifice a strong economy for a healthy environment. – Dennis Weaver
- A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on? ― Henry David Thoreau
- Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth… these are one and the same fight. We must connect the dots between climate change, water scarcity, energy shortages, global health, food security and women’s empowerment. Solutions to one problem must be solutions for all. – Ban Ki-moon
- If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos. E. O. Wilson
- What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another. ― Chris Maser
- Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action! – Leonardo DiCaprio
- To waste, to destroy our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them amplified and developed. ― Theodore Roosevelt
- Sooner or later, we will have to recognise that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans. – Evo Morales
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed. ― Mahatma Gandhi
- It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment. ― Ansel Adams
- The most important thing about global warming is this. Whether humans are responsible for the bulk of climate change is going to be left to the scientists, but it’s all of our responsibility to leave this planet in better shape for the future generations than we found it. – Mike Huckabee
- The only way forward, if we are going to improve the quality of the environment, is to get everybody involved. – Richard Rogers